Friday 31 October 2014

Private Screening of ‘Taste of Love’

News of the first ever Nigerian Telenovela hitting TV screens soon had been on for a bit and I basically caught a whiff of it. Knowing how I feel about telenovelas, (click here to read), I was kind of taken aback on the reason for a Nigerian telenovelas cause anyway we look at it, it feels like it might end up being a soap opera, but let’s see how it goes.

So, I had the privilege once again to attend the private screening, of this telenovelas “Taste of Love”, unfortunately I couldn't stay till then end! Why you ask? It started off late, preparation and production for the event was topsy turvy, the choice of SilverBird Cinema felt off as they had to project the series with the aid of a computer plugged to an amplifier … it wasn't a pretty site. Add that to other technical gremlins one can shove into a production that affects the output and make a mess of a screening went on that my preferred option was to go see if I could catch the lost thrill on YouTube.

While the private screening didn't live up to my expectation, the trailer clip of the series had its highlights. Casting, production and directing wise, I believe ‘Taste of Love’ will totally rock!!!

Synopsis:
Adapted from an award-winning and best-selling Latin American romance novel, in fact, I saw a Chinese version actually ‘Taste of Love’ is set in the 90's during the military era and centers on the friendship, betrayal and hatred between rival sugar cane plantation families, the Musa-Phillips and Pepple. Ibrahim Musa-Phillips (Ayo Lijadu) is convinced that Jonathan Pepple (Kunle Coker) betrayed him and caused the death of his wife Maria.  Things take a dramatic turn when Kelechi, Pepple’s son falls in love with Hadiza Musa-Phillips.

With a mix of industry veterans and the newbies, like Ayo Lijadu, Yomi Obileye, Kunle Coker, Paul Adams, Wale Macaulay, Tolulope Adeyemi, Shafi Bello, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Makida Moka, Mofe Duncan, Gabriel Afolayan and Deyemi Okanlawon, I am convinced that this might finally be what we are looking for on our Nigerian television screens…

So watch out as it kicks off on these stations:

SilverBird TV – Monday – Friday: 7.30-8pm
AIT – Saturday – Sunday: 10-10.30pm and
YouTube – Taste of Love




Hmmmm… watch this space, I just might start the movement with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment